Friday, 28 April 2017

Evaluation: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

To create my front cover, contents page and double page spread I used 'Canva' which is a simple graphic design software. Here, I looked through all the templates they had and decided which ones would look best for my magazine. The advantages of this is that it is very easy to use and provides a wide range of different templates and it also has sections that help you on how to design using tutorials and courses. The website also has many options to add your own text and pictures with a range of colours for text and also many fonts to choose from to suit your magazine style. The disadvantages of using this website are that it is not just for creating magazines so its features aren't just made for creating magazines so you don't have as many features for making a magazine, e.g. adding clipart, etc.
I also used paint to print screen and save my products as jpeg images so they were easier to upload onto my blog. Paint is very simple to use as it has a basic layout due to it being aimed at all ages to use. I also used word for my annotations as I could use text boxes around the work.
What I found difficult was trying to make sure my magazine was different and wasn't the cliché music magazine that people would expect to see and I conquered this by experimenting with different layouts, fonts and colours before making up my mind about what I wanted my magazine to look like overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment